- Short Term Staff
9 Employment Facts
At Staffing it is interesting to read some of the interesting stats from the temping industry. Whether you are a staffing agency, employer or candidate you will be surprised and facinated with the following hiring facts (Updated February 2019):
- Organisations spend on average 6 and 8 seconds reviewing resumes, 1 grammar or spelling mistake and your CV will be thrown away. 77% of CVs are ignored if your email address is unprofessional.
- The average cost of replacing a member of staff earning is $6,000 and $9,000.
- Many businesses use talent-management software to screen resumes that look at keywords to screen out up to 79% of applicants without ever looking at a resume or cover letter
- On average there will be between 59 and 100 applicants for advertised jobs. Generally between 5% and 12% of these applicants get an interview.
- It was reported of the 16,000 new hires 52% of them failed within 20 months and of these, 89% left because their attitudes did not align to that of the organisation. Only 10% failed because of a lack of skills.
- Other than the date, name of the contact and location, only 37% of candidates receive any information prior to an interview.
- Phone interviews last 32 minutes and face-to-face interviews last 40 minutes on average. In a survey of 2,000 hiring managers, 35% claimed to know whether or not they would hire someone within 10 minutes. After that, it usually takes 2 day to 10 days to hear from the recruiters with their decision.
- Companies on average look for the consider the following traits before making an offer: 33% look for multitasking skills; 30% look for initiative; 21% look for creative thinking; and 13% look for something else in the candidate.
- companies report that 1 in 22 job offers (around 5%) are rejected by their first choice of candidate. Usually because they have received another offer, however often for many other reasons.
- It is interesting to note that only 6% of unsuccessful candidates were given feedback that was moderately useful from hirers. Only 3% of candidates received valuable feedback.
For more Short Term Staff Career Advice see below additional resources to find the perfect job:
READ MORE >
READ MORE >
READ MORE >