- Short Term Staff
9 Hiring Facts
At Staffing it is interesting to read some of the interesting stats from the temping industry. Whether you are a employment agency, employer or candidate you will be surprised and facinated with the following recruiting facts (Updated March 2019):
- It was reported of the 25,000 new hires 48% of them failed within 14 months and of these, 92% left because their attitudes did not align to that of the enterprise. Only 10% failed because of a lack of skills.
- Just as the number of job opening can increase it often will decrease at an even faster rate if an economy is slowing down. Nothing is constant so the highest salaries are secured when unemployment rates are lowest. Rememnber however lock in your job and salary at the peak as you may be looking for work when the cycle dips. With approximately 85% of available jobs never advertised you should never stop career networking.
- The average cost of replacing a member of staff earning is $5,000 and $11,000.
- Many companies use talent-management software to screen resumes that look at keywords to screen out up to 78% of applicants without ever looking at a resume or cover letter
- On average there will be between 56 and 92 applicants for advertised jobs. Generally between 5% and 11% of these applicants get an interview.
- On average new candidates take between 24 and 29 weeks to reach optimum productivity.
- Companies on average look for the consider the following traits before making an offer: 28% look for multitasking skills; 29% look for initiative; 22% look for creative thinking; and 14% look for something else in the candidate.
- companies report that 1 in 18 job offers (around 5%) are rejected by their first choice of candidate. Usually because they have received another offer, however often for many other reasons.
- It is interesting to note that only 6% of unsuccessful candidates were given feedback that was moderately useful from hirers. Only 2% of candidates received valuable feedback.
- Other than the date, name of the contact and location, only 42% of candidates receive any information prior to an interview.
- The Telegraph
- the ABC
- American Staffing Association
- Recruitment & Employment Confederation
- The Sydney Morning Herald
For more Short Term Staff Career Advice see below additional resources to find the perfect job:
READ MORE >
READ MORE >
READ MORE >