- Casual Staffing
At Staffing it is interesting to read some of the interesting stats from the temping industry. Whether you are a recruitment agency, employer or candidate you will be surprised and facinated with the following employment facts (Updated September 2018):
- It was reported of the 25,000 new hires 42% of them failed within 16 months and of these, 88% left because their attitudes did not align to that of the organisation. Only 9% failed because of a lack of skills.
- Organisations spend on average 5 and 7 seconds reviewing resumes, 1 grammar or spelling mistake and your CV will be thrown away. 73% of CVs are ignored if your email address is unprofessional.
- Many enterprises use talent-management software to screen resumes that look at keywords to screen out up to 80% of applicants without ever looking at a resume or cover letter
- On average there will be between 65 and 92 applicants for advertised jobs. Generally between 3% and 8% of these applicants get an interview.
- The average cost of replacing a member of staff earning is $6,000 and $14,000.
- Other than the date, name of the contact and location, only 36% of candidates receive any information prior to an interview.
- It is interesting to note that only 5% of unsuccessful candidates were given feedback that was moderately useful from hirers. Only 2% of candidates received valuable feedback.
- Companies on average look for the consider the following traits before making an offer: 31% look for multitasking skills; 31% look for initiative; 19% look for creative thinking; and 11% look for something else in the candidate.
- companies report that 1 in 19 job offers (around 5%) are rejected by their first choice of candidate. Usually because they have received another offer, however often for many other reasons.
- On average new candidates take between 24 and 29 weeks to reach optimum productivity.
- American Staffing Association
- The Australian
- The New York Times
- The Australian Financial Review
For more Casual Staffing Career Advice see below additional resources to find the perfect job:
READ MORE >
READ MORE >